Sunday, December 13, 2015

Here is a framed poster I bought at Blockbuster (the movie
rental store) a few years ago. Not the best repro in the world
but it was only about $9.99. It is telling me to get ready for
the release of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" on Friday.

In reality, as much as I am looking forward to TFA, I won't
be seeing it for some time to come. I am not going until the
crowds are down to about nothing. So, a few weeks or so
after the opening, I will be there.

When "Star Wars: A New Hope" was released in 1977 I had won
tickets from an L.A. radio station to see it's opening up in Westwood
or on Wilshire or something. Shortly after that I went with a friend to
see it in a theater on the 20th Century lot. That was a near perfect
showing. I had also won Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life
album. I still have the album.

Anyway, I hope that The Force Awakens is a great adventure.

No comments: