Saturday, July 23, 2011


Happy National Day Of The Cowboy!
July 23rd is National Day Of The Cowboy. NDOTC is dedicated to (from the website) "preservation of America's Cowboy heritage so that the history and culture which the United States Congress's National Day of the Cowboy resolution honors, can be shared and perpetuated for the public good, through education, the arts, celebrations, gatherings, rodeos, and community activities."

In honor of NDOTC I have a photo of one of my hats, this one a Resistol. And I don't recommend storing your hats like this. This was a very temporary arrangement. And what says c-o-w-b-o-y more than six foot tall of out of control cactus growth. So the photo below my hat shows just that, from my backyard some years ago.

National Day Of The Cowboy Website

No comments: