Tuesday, April 1, 2014

 It was a beautiful (but really chilly) day here at El Rancho
De La Tex. A good day to use the free movie ticket I
received via points from The Regal Crown Club.


The last time I had a free ticket there were no movies I
really wanted to see so I just chose "Olympus Has Fallen".
Holy cow what a stinker. So many things wrong with
this movie.

This time around my choices were limited also, but I
settled on "Noah". I like Russell Crowe more than I
want to admit and I enjoy director  Darren Aronofsky's
movies quite a bit. I even just love saying his name.

Darren Aronofsky Darren Aronofsky Darren Aronofsky.
It makes me feel worldly and sofistekated.


Woah.
Tuesday, middle of the day, and this place is PACKED.
I never have to park this far way.


And they have so many rules out here in the boonies.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
I don't like it out here.


I made it in. So let's see here... Buttered popcorn: check.
Diet Coke: check. Theater 16: check. Noah: check. 4:20: check.
I'm goin' in.


Wow, I actually enjoyed this movie. I do not know how much
was accurate or how much was inaccurate, but I liked it. I was
prepared to be pretty bored by parts, but I never was at all.
I really really liked Russell as usual. And Jennifer Connelly was
good too. And I shed another damn tear. I must be easy. Hate that.
Not much more I can say. I am not good at these things. I would
just add that it is at least worth a rental when it comes out on DVD.


Oh, and I ran into Seth Rogan in the Regal's lobby.
Everything to my core tells me that I should not
like this guy at all, but for some strange reason,
I do.

No comments: