Monday, May 18, 2015

I told ya I was totally excited to see
Mad Max: Fury Road, so here I am.

 
I've posted pictures of this lobby before,
but what the hay. This was today.

 
I can't get enough of theater rugs. This is not the
most colorful one in the world, but I still like it.

 
Let's see, Mad Max: Fury Road... I have been so excited
to see this for a sooooo long. I'm not sure how I feel about
it. As a side note: When the screen instructed us to put our
"Real 3D" glasses on, from four rows below me and off to
the left hand side I heard, "WOW! I like how those glasses
on the screen just really stand out!" like the guy is in his own
little theater. I thought, "Oh no... Here we go. We got a loud
one." But fortunately, he was good for the rest of the movie.
Either that or the movie was so loud that I just couldn't hear him.

ANYWAY... I want to see this movie again. I will buy it on
Blu-ray when it comes out. It didn't thrill me. Maybe it was
just my mood. Maybe I was hoping for too much.
And I'm not sure it needed to be in 3D.


On the way home I stopped to get a Diet Coke and here is the
cup. It's promoting the movie "San Andreas". Okay, I've been
through plenty of earthquakes in California. The first big one I
experienced was the Sylmar quake. Another fun one was the
Northridge quake in in 1994.

Seriously, the last thing I want to do is experience these as
entertainment. Hey, I am conditioned. If I even think I feel
a shake the first thing I do is look for hanging objects or the
like to see if there is any movement. I'm sure that here in
California I am not alone with that. I will not be seeing this
movie. Earthquakes freak me the Hell out.

I don't see how anybody who lives on or near the San
Andreas fault would be able to sit in a theater and watch this.

No comments: