Wednesday, January 6, 2016

 
It's a rainy El Nino day here at El Rancho De La Tex. I think we
should do that thing I've been wanting to do. Let's do it late tonight.


Yeah, let's go see Quentin Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight".
Last showing of the day, 9:50 PM. I like that.


Nobody is around. Perfect. Let's go in.


Closed the theater. 1 A.M. It's been a while since I have been able
to do that for a couple of reasons. I love closing the theater.
No free posters on the way out tonight though. Dang nabbit.


The Hateful Eight was good. I will start off by saying that for me
it is an 8 out of 10 on the first viewing. If you like QT and his talky
movies, you will probably like this, if not...

As westerns go, it was good. The music by Ennio Morricone is
superb. The hardware is interesting. I am not a big "westerns in the
snow" person, but for this movie it was fine. Lot's of fun little homages
to westerns of the past that ere fun to pick out, as are the QT "Easter
Eggs". One of my favorite homages is the stagecoach stop. It is glorious.

Kurt Russell? Always the best. Jennifer Jason Leigh
almost stole the show. Samuel Jackson is SJ. Great cast
all around. I will buy it and watch it again with delight.

No comments: