Wednesday, January 10, 2018

~ My 2018 Birthday Extravaganza Day Nine! ~

Another beautiful Extravaganza Day. I am far from El Rancho
today. My primary destination for today is REI. But this Best
Buy is in the vicinity and I have a few things in mind, so I
stopped in here. Turns out I will have to keep the things I had
in mind in mind. They did not have anything that I wanted.

On to REI...


The REI store under beautiful Southern California skies. Two
of the ONLY nice things left in California, the sky and the sun.


Well, I had been planning for two months for my visit to REI today.
And wouldn't you know it? They had zero in stock of the items I had
been planning to purchase. Zero. I am starting to feel a little strike-ish
out-ish today. I did get some Lodge scrapers for my new cast iron
pan. I also bought a hot handle holder for the pan. It is not the
one I want, but it will fill in until I can find that one.


Here is something kind of nice.
This is the left side of the REI store.


And if you look across the driveway...


...and through or over the fence...


...there is a pretty big field, or should
I say marsh. Maybe it is a marsh.


Pretty dang big for this area. I took a break here for a while. It was
surprisingly quiet. And there was a big old bullfrog just croaking
away. It was really pleasant.

Onward. Two more stops.


I went into Walmart to look around. This Walmart is FAR from The Ranch
and I am just going to see if they have anything fun that the Walmart in my
area doesn't. As it turns out, not really. But hey, they have knives and I am
going to buy one that I have had my eyes on for a number of years that I
never would fork over the dinero for, but what the hay, it's my
Birthday Extravaganza Week.


I bought a CRKT (Columbia River Knife and Tool) knife. It is called the
S.P.E.W. Is that a terrible name for a knife or what? Anyway, the name
stands for Small Pocket Everyday Wharncliffe. Wharncliffe is the blade
shape and I have to tell you, that is a new one on me. I had never ever heard
Wharncliffe before. But then again, I have never ever had a Wharncliffe blade
style before. I am going to have fun with this neck/belt knife.


Jerry Brown is an idiot.


I also bought this movie that I can't WAIT to see. "Mother". Polarizing
movie. It stars Jennifer Lawrence and Gosh save me, I really like her. This
movie is supposed to be weird. It was directed by Darren Aronofsky of
"Black Swan" fame. I like him AND Black Swan. So we will see.


Holy cow the sun is going down and I
still have another stop to make!!!


Huzzah!!!!


!!!! More to come !!!!!

No comments: