Friday, July 20, 2018

I have "Smokey and the Bandit" on DVD and I
like it so much that when I spotted it on Blu-ray
for $7.88 I picked it up. One of my favorite things
about this movie is seeing the real life sparks between
Burt Reynolds and Sally Field. They were together for
five years after making Smokey and unfortunately the 
relationship had a not so great ending. Burt has regretted the
breakup for years and to this day he still pines for Sally.
She was "the love of his life".

Anyway, Smokey and the Bandit is a really fun 1970's movie
with a lot of humor, car action via the legendary stuntman
Hal Needham, a breaking of the fourth wall, some trucking
and a fantastic theme song written and performed by Jerry Reed.

Eastbound and down my friends.
We gonna do what they say can't be done.

No comments: