Saturday, September 15, 2018

It is Knife Day again here at The Ranch!
Above is a screen grab of Don Henley's video of his
song, "Boys of Summer". In the picture you can see
a surplus store that is/was in Van Nuys, California. I had
a friend who worked there for a time when we were
about 17 or 18 years old. One night when we went to pick
her up after work she brought out a present for me.

 
She knew that I liked knives so she got this Kabar "Rifle
Knife" for me. I guess it was just unusual enough to be
interesting. Stainless steel. Four inch blade with an overall
length of eight inches. I never really knew what this specialty
shape was for. I've never used it or needed to sharpen it. I've
just always had it and appreciated it.

That is all I know.

 
 The sheath is not the correct sheath though.
It won't hold it in, but it covers it fine.


Kabar. U.S.A. Nice.

No comments: