Friday, March 15, 2019

Well... I was bit by the fever again. I broke down and
bought another knife. This time I bought the Spyderco
Tenacious. It is not my first Spyderco by a LONGshot,
but it is my first one in a long time. I had resisted buying
this knife for eons because it has a liner lock and
I am not a fan. But like I say, I was bit again and this
guy was staring at me during every trip to Walmart.


I left this picture big just in case you would like
to open it in a new window to read it.


Here is the Tenacious in the closed position. It has G-10
scales (love them!). The blade has a full flat grind.
And the jimping at the base of the spine? Superb.
Weight is 4.1 ounces. Very doable.


You can see that it has the infamous Spydee Hole. I like the
blade shape and man, this guy is sharp. I hope I am able to
maintain this edge. The Tenacious is Made In China but
the quality is great and that opinion is shared in hundreds
of reviews.


 The pocket clip fits firmly and has a great little Spyderco logo
on it. This knife offers four positions for the clip, your choice.
The blade is 8Cr13Mov stainless. I have no experience with
this steel. The liners are skeletonized steel. Anyway, I am excited
to use this knife and I will carry it full time. Huzzah.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... This knife ran with tax $43.06
at Walmart. I believe that this is a very competitive price.

And oh yeah again.... The liner lock on this knife is
really smooth. The position of it does not break my
nails like a few others I have do. So that is good.

Blade Length
3.39"

Overall Length
7.76"

No comments: