Friday, March 20, 2020


 It is Holster and Gunbelt Day again here at
El Rancho De La Tex. Today you are looking at
a rig from the George Lawrence Company out of
Portland, Oregon. I bought this holster in about 1984.

The holster is for a Ruger Single-Six .22 caliber
pistol. The belt has loops sized for .22 LR caliber
ammunition. This is a fine fine holster.


One of the things that I like about this rig is the way
it is constructed. Very traditional. However, once again,
when I bought this leather my taste and needs had not quite
developed yet and I would not buy this style of GB & H again.

It is a Buscadero style rig with an extra long drop for the
holster. Not very practical. Just Hollywood. Not my preference.
It is okay I guess, for somebody.
 

The George Lawrence Company went out of business some time
ago. Shame. The company had it's beginning in 1857.

No comments: