Tuesday, June 15, 2021

 Knife day at El Rancho!
Today's knife is a stinker. This is my very first ever lockback
knife. I purchased it back when I was I think about 19 or 20 years old.
I bought it at the Jack Frost Surplus Store in Santa Monica, CA.
I have no idea how much I paid for it. At the time, I was pretty dang
happy with it. I thought I had myself a real "Buck" knife, like I even
knew what Buck was.



This knife has more hot spots than the main drag on Saturday night.
I have no clue what any of the materials are. It could be made of
anything. I bought the sheath for it separately as it did not come
with one. The quality of the sheath matches the knife.

It is not sharp and I have never even tried or wanted to sharpen
it. Back when I bought this lockback the thought of actually
sharpening a knife never even entered my mind.


One cannot appreciate the fit and finish of this knife
until you own a quality blade. If you never do you just
might never know that it is better than this.


Anyway.
I have a few other stinkers that I will post in the future.
They were all learning experiences and fun to have if for
nothing more than the memories they bring.

No comments: