Friday, November 19, 2021

 It is once AGAIN Knife Day here at El Rancho De La Tex!
Today I am featuring a knife that I bought in the 1980s at...
yes, you guessed it again: a gun show. This is a Cold Steel
Urban Pal Mini push knife. It is made of I believe 440C.
The sheath is leather.


This knife is chisel ground. I was not into knife sharpening
back then for one reason or another and a friend offered to
touch up the blade for me. "Sure, go ahead", said I. I don't
know what happened as he really unnecessarily scratched it
up in a major way. Normally he was really great about such
things. Must have been an off day.


Anyway, this knife has been out of production in this variant
for years. They still sell the Urban Pal, but with a Kraton (I think)
handle, a serrated blade and some kind of a plastic sheath.

Knife Days are too short.

No comments: