Wednesday, April 12, 2023


It's Knife Day at El Rancho De La Tex!
I love knife days. But today's knife is another stinker. I feel slightly
bad saying that as it was a gift to me. But, a stinker it is. I received
it for Christmas back when I thought that this "Matterhorn" knife was
the real deal, meaning, an official Swiss Army Knife. I didn't know
from Victorinox or Wenger. A Wenger or Vic it is not.

It was given to me not too long after it was
manufactured, sometime in 1979. I did get a quite a bit of
use out of it... before it started falling apart!


Man oh man this hawkbill blade saw a LOT of cardboard
action! (Even though the blade had no edge whatsoever.)


This saw NO use (even though I enjoyed a drink or twenty
back in the day). There are things that corkscrews on knives
are good for other than opening wine bottles, but so far I have
proven to be less then that skillful. I pass on
knives with corkscrews.


~ Imperial US PROV R.I.A. Matterhorn ~
I've seen this knife in good shape sell for 10 to 30 dollars
on the Internet to which I say, "Don't do it!"

See that hole there? That is where the bail was that
fell off. Falling apart, yeah.

But as always, I still treasure this knife
for the memories it holds and I am glad to have it.

Knife Day! Hoo-ray!



!!! BONUS PHOTO !!!
That little bird that I wrote about on Tuesday, March 21st?
For over three weeks now he has been attacking his own
image in ANYTHING that reflects it here at The Ranch.

We have had to cover up every single mirror on our
vehicles because he is all over those and he makes a
MESS, if'n ya know what I mean. Kind of a pain in
the butt.

I am totally surprised that his beak hasn't fallen off.

No comments: