Friday, March 22, 2024

My much loved brother-in-law and his also much loved wife
 paid a visit to us recently and he brought something along
for me. The 6-cell D Maglite pictured here is one that I bought
at.... yep, a big gun show probably 38 years ago. But I had
kind of left it by the wayside about 20 years ago as there
were better lights out there by then, LED lights.


Well, my B-I-L brought along an LED upgrade kit for this light
and it has breathed new life into it. It is kind of a monster now.
It is back in the rotation!


I had also at the show bought a Pachmayr "Sure Grip" for
the light. It allows for a better grip and the metal of
the light is not quite so rough on the
hands during cold weather.

This light could also serve double-duty
as a coyote-knocker-outer in
an emergency.


My brother-in-law also brought me a brand NEW flashlight.
A Mini Maglite LED 2AA flashlight. I'm tellin' ya, Maglite
has pretty much stepped up their game with Mini Mags.
With two different power settings,
this little thing is a beast.


This was my very first Maglite, a Mini Mag 2AA Xenon
flashlight. I carried this light for many many years. The
output does not hold a candle to the new LED
lights. But at the time it did not bother me
at all (didn't know any better) and I was
real happy to have it.

It was so great to spend time with my brother-in-law
and his wife. We hope to do it again soon. And
I ate a'WAY too much.

No comments: