Sunday, February 19, 2012

In July of 2009 I went to the San Diego Natural History
Museum to see a showing of BODY WORLDS. In the words
of the their website:

"BODY WORLDS is the original anatomical exhibition series displaying
authentic human bodies, willed by donors through the Institute for
Plastination’s Body Donor Program, and preserved using a process
called plastination."

The above photo shows a portion of the front of the museum and
the poster advertising the exhibition. It was something that wasn't quite
my cup of tea, but my cousin really wanted to see it and it was to be her
only chance to do so, so we gave it a go. It was quite interesting and it didn't
encourage me to faint like I thought it would. The only section that I passed
on was the one with babies. That was too much for me.

We weren't allowed to take pictures inside so I don't have any. A Google
image search on the word "Plastination" will bring up plenty from inside
the museum if you are interested in a gander.
Wo. That's more than I wanted to write.

No comments: