Thursday, September 20, 2012

12:13 AM
 
Ah yes, close to my heart. I love going to the Regal. But you knew that.
 
1024 x 768

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:15 PM

I had been waiting a long time to see The Cabin in the Woods at the theatre.
When it finally came out I waited for the crowds to die down and then went
to a late showing to see it. I was really excited. It wasn't supposed to be your
run of the mill slasher. Five minutes after the movie started the main credit hit
the screen in a way that said, "Oh man, this is going to be GOOD!" Two minutes
after that, five idiot guys came in and sat down right behind me.

They were rude and laughed in all the wrong places, LOUDLY. They did not shut
up during the entire movie. So much so that I did not even SEE the movie. It was
that bad, I didn't even see The Cabin in the Woods. When the show was over, I
cussed them out quietly as they walked past me to leave and resigned myself to
seeing the movie when it came out on Blu-ray. And here she is. I finally get to see
The Cabin in the Woods. I am excited again.

Anyway, that was the worst movie going experience of my life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:45 PM

I decided to go see Resident Evil: Retribution in IMAX 3D tonight. It was
very cool. Most people don't seem to like the RE movies but I really enjoy them.
I mean, c'mon... Milla Jovovich and fully automatic weapons? Of all kinds?
How can you go wrong? Wait, let me answer that. You can't.
Leeloo Dallas Multipass!

Above you can see my "bridge of the nose killer" 3D glasses (that I "forgot" to
drop in the box when I left the theater). But I found that if I kind of stuck them to
my forehead they would stay off of my nose bridge and that was much better.
Except when I got home and looked in the mirror after washing my face, I
noticed that I now have a Grand Canyon sized forehead dent that I hope
goes away by tomorrow.

You can also see a cool Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark poster
that they were giving away to promote the soon to be released Blu-ray. The poster
is on pretty thick stock. I think I'm going to frame this one.

No comments: