Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Yep, I went to the movies today. But this movie was not a
"Lizzy's Choice". This movie was a Mother's Day gift. My
mom wanted to see The Great Gatsby. Not really my type
of movie.
 
 
The movie was okay, but to tell you the truth, I can't tell you
a lot about it as I slept through about the middle to last third
of it (unbeknownst to my mom). Now, Leonardo DiCaprio is really
handsome and he never fails to entertain (in my humble opinion)
but Tobey Maguire is a different story. He does nothing for me.
As a matter of fact, I won't see anything with him in it.
But twas my mom's choice today and she liked it.
 
Oh, and to the six young people who sat in the row in front of us,
three just to the left and three just to the right, the six young folks
who phone texted for the entire two hours and twenty-two minutes
of the movie with phone lights glaring in our faces? I hope that one
day you grow up and realize there are other people in the world. One
would think that the five freakin minute long "Please no texting during
the movie and silence your cell phones now" thing they play right before
the movie might have been a dead giveaway that indeed, you are not
alone in the world.
 
 
This was the best part of the day for me. On the table on the way out
they had this cool Marvel/Regal Cinemas Custom Edition Iron Man 3
comic book/movie "tie-in" free for the taking. A cool little collectible.
They didn't have them when I went to see Iron Man 3. The story inside
indicates that there will be another one of these, but who knows if that
one will ever cross my path. One could drive themselves crazy trying
to collect all this stuff. I don't.
 
 
After the story they have several pages of movie posters featuring
different characters from Iron Man 3. This one shows Tony Iron Man Stark
and Pepper (who is standing in my spot) Potts looking good. This comic
book will go right into the file cabinet for my son to find someday in the
future when I am gone.

No comments: