Saturday, August 31, 2013

I remember being out in the car with my dad once when I
was about seven years old. He said, "Want some beef jerky?"
I thought he called me a jerk. I had never heard of beef jerky
before and all I heard was the "jerky" part. Anyway, he pulled
over into a liquor store, bought some and let me try it. It was
great. Since then I've always loved beef jerky.
 
But this stuff, the stuff pictured above... just not sure. I see it
and I keep trying different kinds (the spicier, hotter and
pepperier the better), but this stuff always lets me down. And did
you ever notice that in every bag there is a least one big hunk
that tastes REALLY RANK?
 
I can't figure that one out. It's kind of like every time you order
seasoned curly fries from Jack in the Box, you get one regular
french fry in with all the curlies. I had thought that it might be
good luck, but I don't really think that anymore.

No comments: