Sunday, March 16, 2014

 
You know I've loved cowboys, the Old West and all of that for
practically my whole life. So there is no secret as to why I bought
this hat at one of the shops in Frontierland at Disneyland in 1973.

I've had this hat a loooooong time and have taken no special care
of it. It is in surprisingly good condition.


The only markings it has is the name of the style: "Derringer". There
is also a little tag inside the band that states the size and "100%
Pure Wool". That translates to "don't get it wet or the shape of the hat
you see now will not be the shape of the hat you see later." I'm also betting
that some of the dye will come off onto your hands. Hope not, but
I wouldn't doubt it. It's not a Resistol and back then and for the
most part now I cannot afford beaver fur.

No comments: