Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I went to one of my favorite places again today.


Down down doooowwwwwn the hall...


...to Eli Roth's The Green Inferno!


Man, some of us have been waiting a long time for this
cannibal movie. It was actually completed in 2013 but
the release (I believe for financial reasons) did not happen
until this month. Cannibal gore runs rampant!
 
If you've never seen a cannibal genre film, go check out Ruggero
Deodato's Cannibal Holocaust (1980), then see TGI. TGI was fun,
but I will reserve making an official rating until I see it again at
Borden Cinema when it is released on Blu-ray (which I hope
will be REAL soon). I think I will really enjoy seeing it again.
I am one who appreciates Eli Roth. Many don't.


After the show I made a trip over to Target to buy some wooden
utensils. Trying to save a few dollars I chose an inexpensive set.
But thank goodness on the way to check out I received a nice sized
splinter from the spoon. Hint taken. I went back and traded for two
of the nicer ones. Better finish = no splinters. I do have a Swiss Army
knife with tweezers, but I don't want to have to use
them after every meal.


Annnnnnd, it is Halloween at Target. I will start my Halloween
Celebration here on October 1st, but I could not resist posting a
picture I took of this huge pumpkin. That thing is humongous.
(Kinda looks like a Halloween cheeseburger is on his left, our right.)


Annnnnnd, Dwight Yoakam has a new CD out. How did THAT get by
me I'd like to know. I love Dwight. Hey! What is that thing
peeking out from behind the CD?!


A rat skeleton! Hokey smoke! This guy will be a part of my annual
"By The Television In Our Living Room" Halloween display and will
be a surprise to the other inhabitants of El Rancho De La Tex
on October 1st.
 
I can't wait to start showing all the Halloween goodies from the
2015 Halloween Crawl.


And I really love it when the sky is so beautiful
and blue as it was today.

No comments: