Monday, January 30, 2023

It is once again Knife Day at El Rancho De La Tex!
On Saturday August 27, 2022 in the post about my Victorinox Swiss Army
Classic SD Tiger Print knife, I had written that I would soon post today's knife,
my Wenger Esquire Swiss Army knife, and here it is. I bought this Wenger
I am guessing sometime in 1982 at the Big 5 store on Wilshire Blvd in Santa
Monica, California.

This knife has cherished memories... one being, when my betrothed and
I moved away from the city, I used this knife to open every single box while
unpacking in our new home. I can't remember exactly how long I carried this knife,
but it can be measured in years. As you can see, or can't see, the Wenger
logo was worn off LONG ago. 


Those kind of cool scratches on this knife were from going through the
wash, which it did many times, never on purpose of course. But it did not
ever harm the knife other than the scratches. As a matter of fact, I remember
this knife coming out of the wash sparkling like new and I thought that maybe I
SHOULD do it on purpose every once in a while. But I never did.


The Wenger Esquire is no longer in production. As a matter of fact,
Victorinox acquired Wenger in 2005 and as of 2014 the Wenger
brand is no longer produced. If you want a knife very similar to the
Esquire, a Victorinox Classic SD will do nicely and they come in more
colors and patterns than you can even imagine.

And yep, I retired this knife a WAY long time ago. It holds too many memories
to take the chance of ever losing it or the like. It is another one of those little
things that I want my son to have.

I just love Knife Days.

No comments: