Wednesday, March 8, 2023

A recent acquisition.
This is not a real firearm. This is a non-firing replica produced by
Denix out of Spain. I bought this replica for fun and display purposes.
This 4 3/4 inch replica of a Colt (kind of) single action pistol is an
item that will never leave The Ranch. And in my mind, muscle memory
requires that it should always be handled as though it were live.
Safe gun handling rules still apply.

Truth be told, this is not the most well made item I have ever owned.
Would I buy it again? I am 50/50 on that. I half expect it to fall apart
with regular dry firing. A screw already fell out. I will remedy that with
some Loctite at some point. Slightly gentle handing is in this
replica's future because when and if it breaks,
game over. That's all she wrote.


The pistol is not real, but I wanted to acquire a real holster for it. And I did.
This is a California Slim Jim holster made by Don Hume out of Miami, OK.
I never knew there WAS a Miami in Oklahoma. Although I have known the
name Don Hume for many years, I never had any of his leather. The holster fits
the pistol as it said it would (and is just getting better over time). The leather
carving is very simple, tasteful and well done. For the price, I am dang satisfied.


Here is the back of the holster. And again, for the LOW price I paid I never expected
this level of craftsmanship. It is unlined but the inside is finished well enough to the
point that it almost feels as though it is. Anyway, I would have no issues with trusting
this holster to house my actual firearms safely and securely.


And like I wrote, this pistol is for fun and
to display and I think it fits the bill.

No comments: