Sunday, September 3, 2023

Years and years and years ago when my son was
a little boy, before we lived on El Rancho De La Tex,
we used to visit here on our vacations and I would regularly
shoot my firearms down in a canyon on El Rancho's land.
On one occasion I just happened to take a used bullet
casing and push it into the ground under the shade of an
oak tree leaving only the primer end exposed.

There it stayed for a few years and I would always
check on it during our visits to see if it was still there.


Finally after some years I dug it out, tied that red
ribbon to it and hung it on the wall in the home we
lived in at the time. It served as a reminder of all
the good times we had on El Rancho. All these years
later I still have the casing and as with all
my little things, it is treasured.

No comments: