Saturday, September 13, 2014

 It's Knife Day here at the Jewel of the West, El Rancho De La Tex.
Today we have a knife that I cannot tell you much about. My bad.
But it is a nice knife that I bought (again) many, many, many moons
ago at a gun show. This knife is a Cold Steel Something Tanto. I think 
that the steel is AUS-8. It is not the San Mai. It was made in the early
 80's. I believe that they stopped making these knives with the brass
 fittings a LONG time ago.I bought the Kydex sheath you see
there separately.


Cold Steel. Ventura, California.
Hard rubber non-slip grip.


Made in Japan. Love that brass.


And just to keep things interesting, here is a hard plastic Cold Steel
Tanto that I keep in the sheath that the other knife originally came in.
Why I have this, I don't know. I think I may have bought it for
the novelty factor. S'been so long I can't remember.

No comments: