Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Once again it's knife time here at El Rancho De La Tex.
Today I have a Cold Steel Red River knife. I don't know
a whole lot about this knife other than I bought it (again)
a long time ago at some gun show.


I paid only about five bucks for it, and to be honest, if I
remember right I bought it for somebody else. I just never
got it to them. It has a carbon steel blade and some rough
wood grips just begging to be "customized" in some
fashion or another. That's not really where my talents lay.


It comes with this inside the belt leather sheath and I can
see some big ol' mountain man guy really using this knife to it's
full potential. To me it's just a fun knife to have, just to look
at from time to time. Cold Steel has not produced this
knife for at least a few years now.

2 comments:

duanemyers50@gmail.com said...

Is this really a Cold Steel knife? It looks like a knife I made from a kit a long time ago.

Lizzy Tex Borden said...

Merry Christmas, Duane! And Joey! And loved ones!

Yep, it is a Cold Steel. The first picture with the logo on the blade says "A Division of Cold Steel" on the left hand side. I think you are right though. It does look like a "kit knife".