Friday, January 12, 2024

One of items that I wanted to buy for my birthday this year
was a new small mechanics bag for some simple emergency
items/tools that I keep in the car. I was slightly suprised
that I had to go to three different surplus stores to find one.

At the last store they had about four left. That's good
enough, so after a little quality inspection of each
bag, one of them came home with me.


I bought this lucky coin for my birthday in 2017 and have kept
it with me in my purse or bag ever since. Every birthday I take
it out of my bag and put it in my pocket for the entirety of my
vacation. Silly I know, but it can't hurt, right? Just a tradition.


I do like what it says on the back of the coin:

"If you remember that the greatest strength
comes from within, you can do anything."

That keeps you kind of grounded. Anyway, on this last day
of my Annual Birthday Extravaganza for 2024 the coin will
go back into my purse for another year. It was a fun extravaganza
and I feel very fortunate that my family and I have been safe and
have done fine for another year.

I'm already looking forward to Birthday
Extravaganza 2025!
(Except the nuther year older part.)

No comments: